WordPress sent us a really neat summary of Living on the Edge(Hill)’s activity in 2012; can you believe this stat?
We had readers in 27 countries! This may have been an accident, but we’re grateful for all of you who read our blog on purpose and who are sharing this journey with us. We have gotten so many helpful suggestions, hints, and help (a book on window restoration, using exterior storm windows, what mixture to best clean hardwood floors, what a thermocoupler is, extra pairs of work gloves, etc.) – thank you, thank you, thank you!
Dreams for Edge Hill in 2013:
- More refurbished windows!
- Breaking ground on a modern addition (hopefully complete by the middle of 2014…? A girl can dream!)
- A completed smoke house
- A completed slave quarters
- More history of Edge Hill’s former inhabitants, hopefully backed by some concrete documentation
- Research on restoring and/or replacing plaster walls
Even though it is a crisp 28 degrees in 75% of our house today, we are still enjoying the ride and can’t wait to see what 2013 will bring. Happy New Year!